Clarity offers top-notch commercial real estate and alternative investments to High Net Worth Individuals (HNWI) and Family Offices.
We achieve this goal by being opportunistic, both within the macro and micro markets, and with a diligent investment selection process.
Our values of discipline, respect, and integrity are very important to us and those that we work with. You will hear this over and over at Clarity: one of the cornerstones of our relationship must be alignment of interests. Clarity does not work for investors in an asymmetric manner, only when you are successful for investing with us then will we be successful ourselves—this is truly an alignment of interest.
Clarity makes the center of its business model to be a good steward of legacy and generational investment funds.
We do this by placing your family office investment funds along side our own capital to show the conviction of the investment decision and following through with its execution. While some of our investment opportunities are shorter in term, make no mistake that we aren’t out to only make a fast profit. Each investment fits well into our larger generational plan to continue your family’s legacy, as well as our own.
How it Works
Working with Clarity is simple: we believe in common sense, easy to understand investments for your family's investment portfolio. We don't work with people that we don't know and don't have an alignment of interest with.
To get started, we set up an introductory call.
Once we figure out we’re a good fit, we will move forward to an in-person meeting to ensure that we will be able to start building our long-term relationship on the right foot. After all, we don’t want to do just one investment with your family office—we want to do dozens.
At Clarity Equity Group, we do not pile on excessive fees or loads simply because of your family’s financial success.
We follow our “10 Commandments of Commercial Real Estate” to acquire directly, or invest as a partner in low-basis assets in desirable and growing markets.
We bring our strategy to fruition by focusing on these centers of gravity:
- Clarity has in-house teams to source, conduct due diligence, and act on debt and equity private placements as either a direct investment or via a partnership.
- We leverage our unique and well-groomed proprietary network of real estate sponsors and superior investment managers. Maintaining relationships with not only our partners but our own deal-flow sources is one of our highest priorities.
Our job is not to place investment capital; it is to make a safe return on the invested capital:
- As real estate is a very factional, inefficient and cyclical asset class, we have plenty of opportunities to find the right deal for us.
- Once we’ve found and funded a deal, it is then up to the art and science of extracting maximum value from that deal. At Clarity, we have been practicing these crafts for more than a dozen years.
Clarity does not create or manage blind pool funds.
Every investment that is made is one-off. This allows you to pass-or-play on each opportunity purely on its merits and timing, and not due to any sort of investment mandate. Our investors have enjoyed this flexibility since our inception. We pride ourselves on our ability to be creative and flexible on terms and structure of individual investments.
Why invest in a relationship with Clarity Equity Group?
Quick. Professional. Decisive. Like Minded.
From its inception, we designed Clarity to buck the trend in stodgy real estate and alternative asset investments.
It is widely known that Wall Street and other investment firms don’t have their investors’ and clients’ needs at the center of their business model. Rather, they are more interested in their own revenue and bonuses. For decades, they have obscured this fact by adding an unnecessary amount of complexity and confusion to their investment offerings.
The refreshingly contrarian approach we take at Clarity is to clarify the opportunities and offerings and allow nothing but absolute transparency in all of our dealings with our clients and investors.
There will never be a time when you, as the investor from a family office, are uncertain of what is happening with your invested capital. And you will never find a conflict of interest within Clarity—we just don’t do it.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Who is Clarity Equity Group?
- Clarity Equity Group is a commercial real estate firm, with $65 million Assets Under Management in the Kansas City MSA. We work in the $3-25MM space and can go higher for compelling opportunities.
Our Managing Director is an Air Force pilot with four combat tours, and has been in the real estate business for more than a dozen years.
- What price point do you work in and why?
- We work in the middle market ($3 to $50 million) space and can go higher for the right opportunity. Clarity likes this size of property because we can be the smart money in the room and we have numerous business connections in the space.
Smaller properties are not compelling to us for a number of reasons and with larger properties ($75MM+) there is simply too much competition from larger institutions that bid up the basis to a level that is not attractive to us.
- Where do you source your deal flow?
- We have built powerful relationships of close knit like minded and capable professionals over the course of our careers.
Clarity also has deal desk that works full time to source opportunities from owners, operators, brokers, financial institutions and other non-traditional deal sourcing avenues within our business network.
- What does the partnership structure look like?
- The short answer is: each opportunity is different and it depends.
The structure is ultimately based on the goals of, you, the investor. We are a shop that is very flexible and we are not here to dictate terms.
Clarity will even allow a co-General Partner position to make the investor more comfortable with the investment.
- How do I participate as an investor in the commercial real estate opportunities?
- Either direct investment or in a Special Purpose Vehicle (SPV). No funds, blind pools or funds of funds.
- Who papers the deal?
- We can paper the deal or your office can. As stated earlier we are flexible and accommodating to our investors.
- I'm not in Kansas City, can we still work together?
- Absolutely! We communicate daily with HNWI, family offices, and sponsors across the country. We'd be happy to schedule a time to travel to you for a sit-down, face-to-face meeting!
- I don't have time to meet right now; it's just bad timing. Is there anything we can do?
- We understand that life is busy. Now may not be the right time—but what about next quarter? You want you to have a relationship in place that you can trust will be fair and professional. And you can never know enough good people. So let's connect and go from there.