For Family Offices & HNWI
- Who is Clarity Equity Group?
- Clarity Equity Group is a commercial real estate firm, with $65 million Assets Under Management in the Kansas City MSA. We work in the $3-$25MM space and can go higher for compelling opportunities.
Our Managing Director is an Air Force pilot with four combat tours, and has been in the real estate business for more than a dozen years.
- What price point do you work in and why?
- We work in the middle market ($20 to $75 million) space and can go higher for the right opportunity. Clarity likes this size of property because we can be the smart money in the room and we have numerous business connections in the space.
Smaller properties are not compelling to us for a number of reasons and with larger properties ($100MM+) there is simply too much competition from larger institutions that bid up the basis to a level that is not attractive to us.
- Where do you source your deal flow?
- We have built powerful relationships of close knit like minded and capable professionals over the course of our careers.
Clarity also has deal desk that works full time to source opportunities from owners, operators, brokers, financial institutions and other non-traditional deal sourcing avenues within our business network.
- What does the partnership structure look like?
- The short answer is: each opportunity is different and it depends.
The structure is ultimately based on the goals of, you, the investor. We are a shop that is very flexible and we are not here to dictate terms.
- How do I participate as an investor in the commercial real estate opportunities?
- Either direct investment or in a Special Purpose Vehicle (SPV). No funds, blind pools or funds of funds.
- Who papers the deal?
- We can paper the deal or your office can. As stated earlier we are flexible and accommodating to our investors.
- I'm not in Kansas City, can we still work together?
- Absolutely! We communicate daily with HNWI, family offices, and sponsors across the country. We'd be happy to schedule a time to travel to you for a sit-down, face-to-face meeting!
- I don't have time to meet right now; it's just bad timing. Is there anything we can do?
- We understand that life is busy. Now may not be the right time—but what about next quarter? You want you to have a relationship in place that you can trust will be fair and professional. And you can never know enough good people. So let's connect and go from there.
- Why should I sell REO directly instead of listing with a real estate broker?
- There are numerous reasons to sell direct over listing. You can benefit from a shortlist with a certainty of closing; dealing directly with decision-makers versus a middle man; and avoiding flaky buyers. Plus, you won’t have to pay the carry cost of the property, the maintenance, or the management that is included with REO. We are experienced property owners and you will immediately know you are dealing with professionals. There are also no commissions to pay.
- What MSAs and asset types do you work in?
- Clarity Equity Group buys in commercial REO and non-accrual notes, as well as bulk REO ($3M+) in demographically growing MSAs.
- What’s the cost to me?
- There is no cost or commission to your bank. If in our discussions we learn that the property or tapes aren’t for us, we have other strong industry contacts that we can refer to you.
- What price point is Clarity looking for, and how long will it take to close?
- For bulk REO, commercial REO, and non-accrual, we target $3 million+, but can take on smaller commercial properties as well. Closing speed is document and title dependent, but 30 to 60 days is our target timeframe.
- What kind of haircut am I looking at taking on these sales?
- While every property and situation is different, if the deal works for us, we will pay par on UPB.